[LTER-im] EML 2.2 release likely spring 2018

Gastil Gastil-Buhl gastil.gastil-buhl at ucsb.edu
Fri Feb 16 13:14:34 PST 2018

Hello LTER site IMs,

The eml-dev working group, which is a larger ecoinformatics group, not just
LTER, has been developing EML 2.2 over the past six months, with active
participation from a handful of people. The target release date is this
spring, possibly as early as March. EML 2.2 will be backward compatible
with EML 2.1.

New features include:
* provisions for semantic annotation
* expanded text type fields
* more structured project tree including funding metadata
* expansion of and corrections to standard units
* data usage citation.

github for EML development:
https://github.com/NCEAS/eml

Issues and comments:
https://waffle.io/NCEAS/eml

I just wanted you all to know this work is going on and that Matt would
appreciate comments at this stage.

Gastil