[LTER-im] Formal IMC approval vote on the revised Bylaws and Thank you to that working group

Gastil Gastil-Buhl gastil.gastil-buhl at ucsb.edu
Fri Apr 6 15:52:17 PDT 2018

Dear LTER Site IMs,

I would like to thank the Bylaws (formerly Terms-of-Reference) working
group for providing a final draft of revised Bylaws to the IMC for
ratification.

This working group, formed at the 2017 IMC Meeting in Bloomington, has
updated and clarified this document, and incorporated input following the
Request For Comment period last October. The new version maintains the
structure and fundamentals of the original Bylaws, but updates critical
content to reflect changes in how the Committee operates that have evolved
since the last update to this document. The final draft of the document is
attached as a pdf.

Approval of the proposed changes to the Bylaws will be by vote of the IMC.
IMExec will combine the vote to approve the revised Bylaws and to elect a
new IMC Representative to the LTER Executive Board (EB Rep) in a single
electronic survey that we expect to distribute the third week of April.

Related, please remember that nominations for the EB Rep position are due
this Monday April 9. We can take a few minutes at the beginning of the
water cooler to discuss the position responsibilities if anyone has any
questions; otherwise, please feel free to contact Wade Sheldon (
sheldon at uga.edu), our current EB Rep, or any previous EB Rep (
http://im.lternet.edu/node/726) with questions.

Thanks again to the Bylaws Working Group:
Don Henshaw (group leader)
Renee Brown
Stevan Earl
Eda Melendez-Colom
Jonathan Walsh
and to all who responded to the RFC.

Thank you, and I look forward to seeing you at the water cooler this coming
Monday at which we will discuss exciting and important changes proposed for
EML version 2.2.

Regards,
Gastil