[LTER-im] NSF Public Access Repository

Mary Martin mary.martin at unh.edu
Mon Oct 16 07:47:52 PDT 2017

Have any IM's handled the uploads for the new NSF-PAR reporting
requirement? The first report from the latest HBR renewal is coming
up, and it's our first time uploading to this system. So far, our
experience is that PDFs direct from the publisher do not comply with the
required PDA/A format (NSF rejects uploads), and that Adobe Pro
conversion to PDF/A either fails, or when it succeeds, the output will
not upload to NSF-PAR.
In theory, Adobe Pro would allow you to batch convert all of the pubs
that you have lined up for the report. I know that there are other
options, but
the Adobe solution would be the most straight-forward, and I'm eager to
hear if others have managed to get this to work, and if so, what's the
secret??

-Mary

Mary Martin
Hubbard Brook Information Manager