[LTER-im] Community Webinar: Harmonizing scale and process representation across the ecosystem of critical zone-oriented models and opportunities for cross-network synthesis

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Nov 27 09:03:32 PST 2017

Greetings all,

NEON is hosting an interactive discussion on the spatiotemporal scales,
process representation, and motivating science questions by modelers
involved in the CZO, LTER, ISMC, and NEON communities.

Specifically, we seek to identify previously unrealized opportunities for
synthesizing understanding across modeling perspectives, gaps in
understanding that require new  collaborations and approaches, and key
observations from within and across the different networks that could
support interdisciplinary breakthroughs in near Earth surface modeling.

The webinar will begin with ‘lightning’ presentations from several
panelists, with plenty of time for discussion led by Pamela Sullivan
(University of Kansas) and Lejo Flores (Boise State University).

*What:* Webinar, *Harmonizing scale and process representation across the
ecosystem of critical zone-oriented models and opportunities for
cross-network synthesis*

*When*: Weds Dec 6th @ 9 AM Mountain Time

*More details and link to
register: http://www.neonscience.org/opportunities/events/harmonizing-scale-process-representation-across-ecosystem-critical-zone
<http://www.neonscience.org/opportunities/events/harmonizing-scale-process-representation-across-ecosystem-critical-zone>*

Please email sweintraub at BattelleEcology.org <name at battelle.org> with any
questions. We look forward to talking next week.

Best,

*Samantha R. Weintraub, Ph.D.*
*Terrestrial Biogeochemist*
National Ecological Observatory Network