[LTER-im] LTER Data Access Policy Request for Comments

Corinna Gries cgries at wisc.edu
Tue Mar 7 12:43:56 PST 2017

Dear all,

To work through issues that may require some changes to LTER data management practices we would like to employ a process of requesting comments from all of you.

We are starting with the LTER Data Access Policy. Background, reasons for changing it, and recommendations are outlined in the attached document. Please either discuss on this list, send your comments, concerns, questions to IMexec or directly to Corinna cgries at wisc.edu<mailto:cgries at wisc.edu> before April 15th. If there is enough time this discussion will also be part of the agenda for the next Water Cooler.

We will collate all of the comments and formulate recommendations based on those comments to send to the EB before the Science Council meeting in May.

The same request for comments will go out the LTERexec mailing list. Please discuss with your PIs.

Thanks

EDI and NCO