[LTER-im] Website Guidelines Working Group: Your chance to lead

Gastil Gastil-Buhl gastil.gastil-buhl at ucsb.edu
Mon Feb 27 10:57:42 PST 2017

Hi Site IMs,

First I want to thank Kristin Vanderbilt for leading the working group that
has updated our IMS Review Guidelines in a timely and thorough manner with
good communication. Thank you Kristin.

The next step is to update our LTER IM Website Guidelines. The current
version is from 2009. Which of you would consider leading this next effort?
You would inherit an already-formed, already eager and up to speed working
group. And I am sure Kristin would be willing to advise at first if this is
your first WG leadership experience.

Recently some have expressed concern the IMC may lose strength with the
re-arrangement of network-wide IM activities. But I contend the IMC's main
strength has always come from the active participation of LTER site IMs
themselves. Giving our time to participating in or leading working groups
is the best way to ensure a cohesive IMC, resilient in this changing
funding climate, if I may sneak in my ecology metaphor.

But this is not just giving. Such a role could help with your own IM
website to have thorough understanding of the guidelines in purpose and
word. And you may gain insight to current website trends and
implementation. And you get to work with a fun bunch of IMs.

Let me know if you are interested or you want to nominate someone.

Thank you,
Gastil