[LTER-im] Authentication down in portal.lternet.edu...

Mark Servilla mark.servilla at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 09:47:22 PDT 2017

Hi All,

We apparently suffered a VMware guest server crash of unknown origins to
one of our PASTA servers; this caused what appeared to be an authentication
error. All services have now been restored and are operating as expected.
We will continue to investigate this issue and keep you informed if any
clear culprit is found. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience that may
have occurred. I thank you for bringing this issue to our attention in a
timely and professional manner. Please continue to provide us feedback if
you have further questions or comments.

Sincerely,
Mark

---