[LTER-im] Call for Working Group proposals for Annual IMC Meeting

Gastil Gastil-Buhl gastil.gastil-buhl at ucsb.edu
Thu Jun 9 16:46:11 MDT 2016

Hi Site IMs,

I got a super fun action item in the IMExec call today. (Well, it can be if
I get lots of enthusiastic, thoughtful submissions.)

This is a Call for Proposals for Working Groups at the 2016 Annual IMC
Meeting this August.

Categories:
* Interactions with EDI
* The Changing Role of the LTER IMC
* The Future of Legacy Data Projects

Please submit abstracts to me (Gastil) by June 27th. My preferred format is
a google doc but I'll take what I get. Then from June 28 thru June 30
everyone should go look at the set of proposal abstracts and indicate
intended participation by July 1st. (There will be a form.)

(Working Groups as defined for this purpose includes Training Sessions or
Demos.)

The Working Group ideally falls within one of the main theme categories and
sub-categories listed in this meeting planning document here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b4i7Ij8a4xtXWfP-XugPZoyuChZOjmRrHh2BhXvDllc/

For more specific examples under each category see the doc because the
titles do not capture the full scope of each.

I look forward to hearing from many of you with lots of topics I wish I had
though of myself.

I appreciate you all, and whatever you have to offer,
Gastil