[LTER-im] Removing from PASTA?

Linda A Powell powell at fiu.edu
Sat Feb 27 11:02:36 MST 2016

Hi Jonathan,

A short while ago the entire IM community with the exception of Suzanne (via doodle poll) wanted to have all the old metacat (PASTA) records (that we thought were deleted) removed from being seen in DataOne.  Suzanne agreed with this practice but can't have her files deleted yet as they are still transferring files into PASTA.  Mark was going to write a script for DataOne that would hide/remove these old files from the DataOne users and I don't know where he is in the process but hopefully it will be finished soon.

I've not deleted a file in PASTA yet so I don't know how well the process works.  I suspect that the old, removed, files might not show up in PASTA but may be pushed to DataOne.  Hopefully Mark can speak to this.

Best,

Linda

Linda Powell
Information Manager
Florida Coastal Everglades LTER Program
OE 148, Florida International University
University Park
Miami, Florida 33199
Phone (Tallahassee, FL): 850-745-0381
Phone(Miami,FL): 305-856-0039 or  305-348-6054