[LTER-im] IMC Virtual Water Cooler this Mon/Tue Aug 8/9

Corinna Gries cgries at wisc.edu
Fri Aug 5 13:29:15 MDT 2016

HI all,

News in short: The UW portion of EDI has now been funded as well.

Preparation for the annual meeting:
The meeting agenda is complete http://im.lternet.edu/news/meetings/2016/adgenda. Check it out, this is your last chance to voice concerns, ideas, or point out omissions.

If you have not done so yet, please let Margaret know if and when you are coming to the dinner on Monday: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rKqUnD9OW_5TAwnL58eXVp8FPvcm_FMqImjeq7miUtM/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=527573070

If you have not done so, please indicate the subject of your lightning talk (yes, you are on the agenda and we want to hear from every site!): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YqMYL_o9O02RyRUyFHu9H_gnzEkLkA2MJr5-0RUv7jI/edit?pref=2&pli=1

LTER IMC officer election: Margaret will rotate off as EB representative, Phil will rotate off as IMC chair, James Connors will rotate off IMexec. Thank you to all three for their service to the IMC!
This means we will need candidates for three positions. Please nominate someone else or yourself. Self-nominations are highly encouraged! We will need a short statement from each candidate regarding their ideas and goals for the position. Please send statements to me (cgries at wisc.edu<mailto:cgries at wisc.edu>) by Wednesday 8/17/2016 5:00 pm PDT.

So, hopefully you have read this far and acted upon the above items.

For the water cooler on Monday and Tuesday we’ll be using zoom:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/731740963
Or join by phone:  +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 731 740 963

Talk to you soon
Corinna