[LTER-im] Databits summer issue

Wade Sheldon sheldon at uga.edu
Fri Jul 10 10:06:36 MDT 2015

Hi folks,

Between preparations for our NSF site review in June and the other recent turmoil in the network, it completely escaped my attention that I was on deck to organize a Spring 2015 issue of DataBits. Apologies for the oversight.

Rather than skip this issue, Phil and I agreed that we should try to tap some of the great thought and energy that has been going into discussions of distributed and collaborative IM and try to put out a pre-ASM summer issue dedicated to that topic. We will shoot for a publication date of Aug 21, with submissions due Aug 15. So please keep that in mind as you prepare for the ASM this year.

I would also welcome volunteers to assist me as co-editor for this issue. Responsibilities will include some light editing on the Drupal Databits web site to ensure article format consistency, and then serving as editor for the upcoming Fall/Winter edition.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing many of you soon at ESIP next week and the ASM in August.

Regards,

Wade Sheldon
GCE-LTER

--