[LTER-im] Fw: [LTER-luq] Funding for Luquillo LTER to be continued by NSF!

Eda C. Melendez-Colom edacorreo at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 31 11:57:13 MDT 2015

Dear Friends and collegues,

It is official. LUQ got funded! Our PI just talked to Saran.

You are the best people I know that can share this news with.

a very happy EDA

EDA

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

From:"Jess Zimmerman" <jesskz at ites.upr.edu>
Date:Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 11:49 am
Subject:[LTER-luq] Funding for Luquillo LTER to be continued by NSF!

Dear All,

I just met with our program officer, Saran Twombly, and she informed that our proposal reviewed well and that we will be provided three more years of funding beginning on December 1.

The proposal was reviewed by seven outside reviewers and the review scores were 2 Excellent and 5 Very Good.  These are quite good scores and NSF will provide new funding without any further information at this moment.

Saran did tell me that there were concerns expressed by the reviewers, which will be detailed in her summary of the reviews.  They will be looking in the future to see how we address these concerns.  I will share this information with you as soon as we receive it.

I want to thank you all for your contribution to the renewal proposal process and to your patience in the sometimes painful wait to know our fate.

I look forward to working with you all as we continue to build our LTER program.

jess

Jess K. Zimmerman
Professor

Lead PI, Luquillo LTER Program
Department Environmental Sciences
University of Puerto Rico - Rio Piedras
Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico

Direct Office Line: 787-350-0350
Or: 787-764-0000 ext. 1-XXXX-# where XXXX is:
   LTER Program Office: 2867
   El Verde Field Station: 4381

Mobile: 787-380-3311