[LTER-im-rep] epxertise in TRY

Margaret O'Brien margaret.obrien at ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 9 09:30:33 MST 2016

HI Corinna -
I know of the TRY-DB, but that's all. Mainly, my connection is via the
PATO ontology (of plant traits) which we are importing in the dataone
measurement descriptions for NPP. Some of the PATO traits have come from
the TRY-DB. So that connection is a little tangential -- but important
for LTER, since these NPP measurements fit our data, and PATO is
actually quite general is some areas (ie, not just applicable to
plants). So I'd love to connect with a group of IMs on this.

Margaret

PS - do we want to send these msgs out to the larger im at lter mailing
list which is much broader?

Margaret O'Brien
Information Management
Marine Science Institute, UCSB