[LTER-im-rep] Organizational considerations re: LTER NIMO

Philip Tarrant philip.tarrant at asu.edu
Fri Jan 29 15:49:41 MST 2016

Thanks Suzanne and Wade for the input.

I agree that IMexec is the trickier of the two to consider. It may be that some of the activities you refer to Suzanne, might be subsumed into the OC. There is likely to be a need for the OC to request ad hoc IM participation (WGs) to support NIMO activities. While we have tended to use WGs in the past to define policy or address technical activities, it is reasonable to assume that a small group of IMs could come together to organize the IMC each year similar to the way the ASM is organized. This would be an alternative approach to using a standing committee like IMexec.

These are great thoughts. Please everyone, continue to chime in either before or during the watercoolers, so that we can define a clear way forward.

Thanks,
Philip Tarrant
Director, Informatics and Technology | Senior Sustainability Scientist
Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability | Arizona State University
  Sustainable data - use, preserve, re-use