[LTER-im-rep] IMC meeting, last bit of logistics, arrival night dinner, PS: super-late arrivals

Margaret O'Brien margaret.obrien at ucsb.edu
Fri Aug 12 11:21:21 MDT 2016

HI all -
I am particularly thinking of those of you who are scheduled to come in
after 5, and have a choice of coming straight to dinner or checking in
first. But of course, anyone has the potential to be delayed en route,
so I am sending this to all.

If you want to come straight to dinner, call from the tarmac, and we'll
dispatch someone from dinner to get you. Marty Downs has volunteered to
be chief late-picker-upper. best numbers:
my land line, since it rings loud: *805-964-1225*,
my cell should work too: *805-451-2442* (I've had the same number for
the last 5-6 years)

*IMPORTANT: If you don't make the 5pm vans, we won't pick you up till we
hear from you.* We will try to find everyone on the 5pm list before we
leave, however.

The desk at Manzanita is open till 11pm (and dinner will NOT go that
late), so you can check in till then with no special arrangements. Their
shuttle service runs till 10pm, so if you come in that late, use a cab
to get to Manzanita (cabs are out front of the airport all the time).

Flights do come in from SFO and LAX as late as 11:30, so if you end up
getting delayed or bumped that late, call Manzanita so they can open the
desk for you. they have a 24-hr service: *805-893-6161 (Manzanita Village)

*https://static.housing.ucsb.edu/conferences/web_reg/2016-lter-packages.htm

Here is the list again, of people to be retrieved ad hoc, with arrival
times:
Don Henshaw     1652 UA 5325 (probably with 5pm trip, stopping by airport)
Corinna Gries     1739 UA 5239
Hap Garritt     1740 UA 5039
Jim Laundre     1800 AK 3444
Jamie Hollingsworth     1800 AK 3444