[LTER-im-rep] News: EB endorses Corinna Gries to lead NIMO

Peter Groffman groffmanp at caryinstitute.org
Wed Oct 14 10:18:21 MDT 2015

Dear LTER Information Management Committee,

Please let me add my tardy but hardy personal endorsement of your choice to
lead NIMO!  I continue to be super impressed with your ability to move
forward on this immensely complex task in an effective and cohesive way.

I also wanted to pass along a concern and an offer from the LTER Executive
Board.  We are keen to help obtain some type of "off campus" or "lower"
indirect cost rate for NIMO if at all possible so that more funds are
available for information management activities.  There was NOT an
overwhelming sentiment that the indirect cost rate should be a prime
determinant of the leadership/institution of the effort, but still it is
important and you should let us know if there is any way that we can help
encourage both the lead and the subcontracting institutions to cooperate on
this.

Thanks!

Peter

Peter M. Groffman