[LTER-hbr_grad] Introductions & April COS meeting

Jenny Bower jennifer.a.bower at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 13:50:38 PDT 2019

Hello fellow HB graduate students,

I’d like to introduce myself as Hubbard Brook’s new Graduate Student coordinator! I’m excited to help facilitate connections to the broader LTER network and develop grad student programming that we agree on as a community. I’m gradually replacing Ashley Lang, who has done a fantastic job and will still be involved going forward. My home institution is UVM.

Last week, I attended a monthly virtual meeting with other graduate site reps, and coming up, I’ll be attending the April COS meeting—I’ll plan to send out updates and minutes from these so you can stay updated with LTER / HB things. You are all welcome at the COS meeting. FYI, there’s also a Slack for all LTER graduate students that you may or may not know about: lter-students.slack.com <http://lter-students.slack.com/> - send me an email if you’re interested in joining the Slack and I can send you an invitation.

Soon I intend to send out a little survey about what sort of graduate programming might be useful to you all. In the meantime, if anyone is near VT and interested in carpooling to the April meeting (this Wednesday—you should have received details via the HB general list), let me know! I think Ashley is coming from NH, too.

Talk soon,
Jenny