[LTER-hbr-im] Nutrient and ion units

Bianca Rodriguez-Cardona bianca.rodz.pr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 11:01:15 MDT 2016

Hello, I am a PhD student at the University of New Hampshire and I am
looking at stream nutrient stochiometry and I was wondering if you could
clarify a doubt I have with the units in the the data package number 166.
Are nutrient concentrations for the whole molecule or element specific
(e.g. NO3 mg N/L vs NO3 mg/L)? The same questions applies to the ions and
carbon concentrations.

At the moment I am assuming the concentrations are for the whole molecule
and not element specific, is this accurate?

Bianca M. Rodríguez-Cardona
PhD Student
Natural Resources and Earth Systems Science
University of New Hampshire
www.unh.edu/nressphd/profiles/rodriguez-cardona.html