[LTER-grad-rep] LTER Grad reps - Follow up from last week's call

Siddharth Iyengar iyeng029 at umn.edu
Mon Jul 30 12:17:30 PDT 2018

Hi Folks!
Happy Monday! A big thank you to everyone who joined in on the call last
week. For those who couldn't make it, we look forward to meeting you at the
next one. We had a very productive gathering and are well on our way to
getting an agenda together for our gathering at the ASM.
A couple of quick things for all of you -

1. Meeting up during ESA!
For any of you headed to ESA 2018 in New Orleans, let's try to meet up and
have a meal, or some snacks. Here is a poll that we can use to coordinate!
http://whenisgood.net/gzbewq5

2. Facebook Group for LTER grads
Here's the currently existing group for LTER grad students -
https://www.facebook.com/groups/LTER.graduate/?ref=group_browse_new

3. A document for us to start planning on, currently with a summary of key
takeaways from Monday's meeting -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NIPhzyaaAogxz5Tc5ZtzgxcdNDsYJ8baw-_hZKLXsqQ/edit

5. Volunteer to run the ASM T-shirt contest!
Would any of you like to help Kristen with making the ASM T-shirt contest
happen? It would be a pretty easy and fun thing to do, and we'd love to
have more hands to plan it!

5. Please update the list of graduate students at your site, by
coordinating with your information manager. They have the ability to update
who is on the students at lternet.edu listserv

6. Grad student survey for ASM!
The table attached has details of how many responses we have from each
site. I'll share the results with you after ESA, so that you can have some
time to prepare for the ASM with it!
Please also push out the survey to your site grad students if there aren't
enough responses from your site! Survey is below this email.

Look forward to our next conversation!

Siddharth

*Survey to be sent out*

Dear LTER student community,
I hope your summer is progressing well! As our planning ramps up for the
2018 All Scientists' meeting, I'd request you to fill out a brief survey
linked below. We would like to get an idea of the general research and
development interests of graduate students in the network, and especially
those attending the ASM. We will use this information to plan activities
that are centred on these interests at the meeting.

Please at your earliest convenience, fill out the survey found at the link
below.

https://umn.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bmbm0woJ8nE4SEt

Thanks,
Siddharth

--
Siddharth Bharath Iyengar,
Graduate Student; Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour,
iyeng029 at umn.edu
Calendar availability for scheduling - z.umn.edu/iyeng029calendar