[LTER-education] evaluation methodologies

Katie Gavenus (Center for Alaskan Coastal Studies) katieg at akcoastalstudies.org
Thu Oct 28 15:44:55 PDT 2021

Hi,

I have been tasked with taking the lead on improving our (not-so-robust)
evaluation plans for education and outreach at the NGA LTER and BLE LTER.

HELP!

This is a stretch for my expertise.  And it feels tough to do evaluation
well given that we work with small group sizes at the BLE and NGA (other
than the virtual materials available through the NGA).
It seems like "pooling" K12 students across a few similar sites for program
evaluation purposes might be one way to address this?  Would any of the
coastal/marine sites or other Alaska sites be interested in chatting about
that?
Or does anyone have other suggestions for evaluation methods that really
worked/work for their schoolyard ecology programs?

I'd love any suggestions via e-mail, or we could set up a meeting to chat
if people are interested.

Thanks in advance,
Katie

Katie Gavenus
Program Director
Center for Alaskan Coastal Studies
708 Smokey Bay Way
Homer, AK 99603
907-299-0983 (this is my personal cell phone, please call during 'normal'
work hours during summer when I'm in frequently in the field)
907-235-1974 (this is my office phone, please leave a message if you need
to contact me outside of 'normal' work hours)