[LTER-education] publications

Kochmanski, Elizabeth schulth5 at msu.edu
Thu Aug 19 16:17:56 PDT 2021

Hi Clarisse,

They might not be fully LTER focused (they are all products related to work done at the KBS LTER) but here are our 3 Data Nuggets/data literacy papers!

Schultheis, E.H. and M.K. Kjelvik (2020) Using messy, authentic data to promote data literacy and reveal the nature of science. The American Biology Teacher 82(7): 439-446.
Kjelvik, M.K. and E.H. Schultheis (2019) Getting messy with authentic data: Exploring the potential of using data from scientific research to support student data literacy. CBE Life Sciences Education 18(2): es2.
Schultheis, E.H. and M.K. Kjelvik (2015) Data Nuggets: bringing real data into the classroom to unearth students’ quantitative and inquiry skills. The American Biology Teacher 77(1): 19-29.

Liz

—
Elizabeth H. Schultheis (she/her)
LTER Education & Outreach Coordinator