[LTER-education] June EOC Meeting - Supporting Science Communication

Scott Simon scott.simon at ucsb.edu
Mon Jun 8 09:59:20 PDT 2020

Hi All,

I am sorry to have missed this meeting.

We were planning to have to move from our current rental in September.
However, a great place came up last week, so we've been scrambling to get
moved.

Ironically, at the beginning of the quarantine, I said, imagine if you had
to MOVE during this time?!?!?

I look forward to seeing you all at the next meeting and hope you are all
staying healthy and happy!

Best,

Scott

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 1:21 PM Johnston, Cora Ann (caj2dr) <
caj2dr at virginia.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for an interesting conversation today. Please feel free to keep
> contributing ideas or resources to our shared document
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/17IGfY9mT64TQux74Ps6wf0T5kX8oFiFUVA_P8OH8gY8/edit# .
> Please include your site abbrev. with your contributions so that folks at
> other sites know who to contact if they want to follow up on a topic or
> idea.
>
> Thanks to the Comms Committee for joining us; we hope to make this happen
> again soon.
>
> Regards,
> Cora
>
> *Cora A. Johnston, PhD*
> *Site Director*
>
> She/her
>
> *E* coraj at virginia.edu
> *P* 757.620.7016
>
> *University of Virginia*
> Virginia Coast Reserve LTER
> Anheuser-Busch Coastal Research Center
> 6364 Cliffs Road
> Cape Charles, VA 23310
>
> *ABCRC: https://www.abcrc.virginia.edu/siteman2/
> <https://www.abcrc.virginia.edu/siteman2/>
> <https://www.abcrc.virginia.edu/siteman2/>*
> <https://www.abcrc.virginia.edu/siteman2/>
>
> *LTER:* *www.vcrlter.virginia.edu/home2/
> <https://www.vcrlter.virginia.edu/home2/>*
>

> *"Science is the process that takes us from confusion to understanding in
> a manner that's precise, predictive and reliable - a transformation, for
> those lucky enough to experience it, that is empowering and emotional.  We
> must embark on a cultural shift that places science in its rightful
> place...as an indispensable part of what makes life worth living."   -B.
> Greene *
>

> [image: University of Virginia] <http://www.virginia.edu/>

Scott E. Simon
Director-REEF
MSI Education & Outreach Program Manager
SBC-LTER Education Outreach Representative
Marine Science Institute-UCSB
Santa Barbara, CA
93106-6150
805-893-8765