[LTER-education] Websites that house curriculum for teachers to discover?

Caitlin Potter caitlin at umn.edu
Wed Apr 29 13:15:30 PDT 2020

I initially replied just to Alex with some of this, but given Kara's
enthusiasm I am happy to share more widely :)

The suggestion I've gotten is to check with your state Science Teachers
Association - ours here in MN has a place where this type of curricula can
be uploaded! Our state DOE sends around a monthly newsletter to the science
education community (including both classroom teachers and informal
educators who ask to be included) with updates, announcements, etc that
remind folks to check out the Resources page.
https://www.mnsta.org/cgi/page.cgi/MnSTA_RemoteResources.html

I haven't gotten my act together to put any of our new digital stuff up on
the MnSTA page yet, so like KBS we are just hosting in a table on our own
website: https://www.cedarcreek.umn.edu/ed/resources. I have been sending
the link around to teachers and regularly sharing about new materials on
our facebook page. It seems like the facebook postings especially drive
folks to our materials.

Best,
Caitlin

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 3:08 PM Haas, Kara <karahaas at msu.edu> wrote:

> Hey!  I’m eager to hear what everyone has to say about this one!!
>

> I have been asking my teachers where they go for lessons for the past
> couple years.  the answers I get most often are: google, pinterest and
> teachers pay teachers.  My current plan is to host the lessons on the KBS
> website but design ‘pins’ so they show up on pinterest…which means they
> will also show up on a google search.
>

> I do have a searchable table that I send the link to teachers all the time
> but I don’t think they return to it often.
> http://www.kbs.msu.edu/education/k-12/classroom-resources/ We have a
> wordpress website and the ‘table press plugin’.
>

> Kara
>

> Kara Haas
>
> Science Education & Outreach Coordinator
>
> W.K. Kellogg Biological Station
>
> karahaas at msu.edu
>
> 269-671-2360
>
> @KaraHaaSciEd
>
> #KBSK12
>
> Visit us online: www.kbs.msu.edu
>
> Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/KelloggBiologicalStation

Caitlin Barale Potter, Ph.D (she/her/hers)
Education and Community Engagement Coordinator
Cedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve, University of Minnesota
Office: 612-301-2602     Website: cedarcreek.umn.edu/ed