[LTER-education] Science Education Resource Center

Alan Berkowitz berkowitza at caryinstitute.org
Fri Oct 18 05:32:36 PDT 2019

I had a good conversation with Teresa Mourad from ESA about this question
yesterday here in Oregon at the UFERN Network Meeting. She urged us to
submit our materials to ESA’s digital library IN ADDITION TO posting it
with SERC and also on our own site if we still maintain one. ESA does not
hold copyright on the materials in the EcoEdDL so we’re free to post the
same materials elsewhere. Our materials could be branded LTER and we could
participate in the editorial process (materials already peer reviewed would
NOT need a new review).

In addition, we discussed the possibility of SERC taking the lead in
innovative materials and/or professional development with LTER sites, and
agreed that could be a very exciting prospect.

BTW … our colleague Chris Achison – an active member of UFERN – will be at
the SERC meeting as well. We thought you’d enjoy meeting each other!

Good luck with your discussions, Marty.

Alan

Alan R. Berkowitz, Ph.D. (he/him/his)

Head of Education