[LTER-education] Voting for new EOC co-chair

Caitlin Potter caitlin at umn.edu
Mon Oct 7 11:01:15 PDT 2019

Hi all!

Thanks to Steven for reminding me that we are allowed to reach our quorum
numbers for things like confirming new ed reps via email, since it's darn
near impossible to get everyone on a monthly call these days! :)

As you have hopefully heard or read, Kara Haas (KBS) has graciously stepped
up to replace me as EOC co-chair, assisting Cora in organizing our monthly
calls, providing leadership to our network and helping with other LTER
education issues. As my term has come to an end this month, it would be
great to vote to confirm Kara!

Per the EOC bylaws (available in the shared google drive), "each site is
entitled to a single vote, to be cast by the Site Ed Rep or by his/her
designated representative or proxy.  At least two-thirds of all sites must
be present or by proxy to constitute a quorum.  For electronic votes, at
least two-thirds of all sites must cast a vote directly, by proxy, or via
email to constitute a quorum." Please designate someone from your site to
vote to confirm Kara Haas as the new co-chair by responding to this email.

Thanks! Happy Monday!
Caitlin and Cora

--
Caitlin Barale Potter, Ph.D (she/her/hers)
Education and Community Engagement Coordinator