[LTER-education] Follow up from January meeting; looking ahead to February

Caitlin Potter caitlin at umn.edu
Wed Jan 23 15:45:28 PST 2019

Hi EOC!

Thanks again to those who were able to attend the January meeting, and
especially to Jill and Sam for taking over with all three of the
C-components of the committee leadership team out! We wanted to follow up
about a couple of items.

1) New Working Group folders. If you go to the Team Drive, you will see
that there is now a folder called 'Working Groups
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1HkZ7ooZGp1HUvZONzyqSnKimAgZRKUBV>'.
Inside are subfolders corresponding to the new working groups as defined at
ASM 2018. As much as I could, I put docs and other bits and pieces that
were free-floating into their corresponding folders. Nothing has been
deleted! There is likely more consolidation that can be done, but I tried
not to go overboard and abuse my managerial privileges....

2) RET materials folder. Within the Working Groups folder is a subfolder
for the "Research Experiences For....." working group. In there is another
subfolder called "RET materials
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1yRZG3HGAtscZqlxm7-WO5qF9yT05HNEK>".
This is a convenient central location for those hoping to either contribute
or benefit from previous RET application stuff!

3) In the main Team Drive, there is a new spreadsheet called "Conferences:
EO and Related
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rCrYAlNne7vfbOqd6qmZRkzCS9i4dfckT58D6U_ex3g/edit#gid=0>".
Please help us to build a list of upcoming conferences of interest here, so
that Marty can get relevant ones onto the network site calendar!

I think that's the outstanding business from January. Our February meeting
will be on *Thursday, February 7th* at the normal time and place. We'll
have a presentation from Pam and Clarisse about land use change education,
and otherwise continue our normal check-ins, updates, etc. If you have
other agenda items you'd like to see, start compiling a list now! We'll
send out the request for items in the week or so leading up to the meeting.

Best,
Caitlin

--
Caitlin Barale Potter, Ph.D (she/her/hers)
Education and Community Engagement Coordinator