[LTER-education] REU webinar reminder

Sam Norlin norlin at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Aug 2 15:23:41 PDT 2019

Hello Everyone,

A reminder that the  Long-Term Ecological Research (LTER) Network
<https://lternet.edu/> is inviting all undergraduate students working at
LTER sites to attend the first of two CrossSite REU Webinars.

This webinar will excellent opportunity for REUs to learn more about the
LTER Network, ask questions and learn about future opportunities available
to undergraduate students.

In this first webinar participants will to learn more about the LTER
Network, its 28 research sites and opportunities for REU students.

   - The one-hour LTER virtual session will take place on Tuesday, August
   6th, at 7:00pm ET / 6:00pm CT / 5:00pm MT / 4:00pm PT / 3:00pm AKT.

   - If you are interested in attending please register for the webinar below
   by August 5th, 2019.

   - REU students from 2018 and 2019 are encouraged to participate.

   - 2019 REU students should check with their mentors or program leaders
   to see if their site is hosting a group session.

Dr. Dan Childers, PI of the Central Arizona-Phoenix Long-Term Ecological
Research (CAP) will be sharing the story of the LTER Network along with
Clarisse Hart from Harvard Forest, Alan Berkowitz from Baltimore Ecosystem
Study and others.

For those who cannot attend the webinar, a recording will be made available.

*RSVP by August 5:*

   - Yes, I can attend! Register for the Cross Site REU webinar
   <https://ucsb.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_7gfJxF-CQiOx9Be57H8_FA>

   - No, I cannot attend. Request a link to a recording of the webinar when
   available <https://goo.gl/forms/VdgJ6HfV6HqwNp7n1>

If you have any questions or would like more details please let me know.

Cheers,

Sam

--
Sam Norlin