[LTER-education] Fwd: Life Discovery Education Conference CFP (2)

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Feb 3 11:03:34 PST 2017

Forwarded from Teresa Mourad at ESA:

4th Life Discovery – Doing Science Education Conference

Data: Discover, Investigate, Inform

CFP for Education Share Fair Roundtables is now open.

www.esa.org/ldc

*Submit a proposal - Education Share Fair Roundtables*

This is a unique part of the conference experience that has come to be
appreciated by participants.  This session is designed for educators to
create or revise lesson plans or activities with a peer working group.
*Proposals
can be submitted for ideas and lessons at any stage of development*. You
receive immediate feedback and suggestions from your peers in a friendly,
constructive environment.

This allows you to develop new lessons or to work on modifying currently
existing lessons to a new grade level, teaching style, or learning
objective(s). Each lesson or idea will be presented by the author at a
roundtable with up to 9 other participants.  You will also be able to add
participants to your network for future feedback.
*What Participants Said*

*It was my first time in a roundtable. I did not know what to expect, but
at the end I really like it and got many ideas and generated discussion. ~
2016 LDC participant*

*The roundtables were a great way to discuss a new teaching technique. We
could spend more time on the aspects of the topic our group was most
interested in. The presenters were well-prepared, and I thoroughly enjoyed
it.  ~2014 LDC participant.*

Teresa

*Teresa Mourad*

Director, Education and Diversity Programs

4th Life Discovery – Doing Science Education Conference

Data: Discover, Investigate, Inform

CFP for Education Share Fair Roundtables is now open.

www.esa.org/ldc

*ESA Office of Education and Diversity Programs
<http://www.esa.org/esa/?page_id=250>*

[image: Email Sig block]

*Join the nation’s largest community of professional ecologists. *

*Become a member: www.esa.org/join <http://www.esa.org/join> *