[LTER-diversity] May LTER DEI Committee Meeting

Nameer Rahman Baker nameerbaker at gmail.com
Tue May 18 07:45:18 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

Before our meeting, I just wanted to be sure to draw your attention to this
document that Renee graciously set up for us to structure our field safety
breakouts:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ppmzY5fTvVJi98rk3YW7Ny0fxQu9wUINQAS3XfNCT1c/edit

Within there, you will also find a link to a template for a field safety
plan that was developed from the UC system template:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FpTV8AReuS7lrGfLX3FTFi0dkmKKNdkx/edit

If you get the chance before our meeting, please do look through those
discussion questions and think about how they are relevant to your
particular site, and if you also have the time to take a look at the
example field safety plan then you get extra credit. I also included a link
at the top of the discussion document to some example field safety plans
that were generously provided by some other committee members - as well as
the KBS Code of Conduct, since at our site that is all we have and it might
be useful to illustrate what is not covered by such documents that needs to
be accounted for.

Thanks everyone - looking forward to our discussion later today!

See you soon,

Nameer Rahman Baker, PhD (he/him)
LTER Science Coordinator
Kellogg Biological Station