[LTER-diversity] Monthly DEI Committee meeting next week - Working group sessions

Nameer R. Baker nameerbaker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 13:33:36 PST 2021

Dear LTER Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee,

Cora and I just wanted to touch base with a friendly directive for next
week's committee meeting - as we discussed at our last meeting, we are
hoping to use this time for strategy sessions for the four working groups
that we have decided to focus on. Those would be Community Building,
Resources/Allyship, Fundraising, and a Wildcard Group that was leaning
towards focusing on Field Station DEI - ie, codes of conduct, best
practices, developing templates that could be used broadly across the
network. The notes from the SWOT breakouts that we had for each of the
groups can be found in the following link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VDuLCBZV_bWO2IsrT0OVqxk-GU3XoNPT_WhCpg0gXoc/edit?usp=sharing

The agenda will be open within each group, so please do check out the good
ideas you all had last time and coordinate with one another as to what
ground you would like to cover next week!

One last note - we are going to keep this call going an extra half-hour at
the end for all those that can participate to stick around and report out
from these strategy sessions. If you run into trouble in your group, then
please do try to have someone around to report out, if possible! We would
like to make sure that these working group sessions are useful, and these
report-outs should help with that, but we understand that everyone is
already committing time out of their day for the original meeting and may
not be able to stay longer.

Take care and see you all soon,
Nameer and Cora

Nameer Rahman Baker, PhD (he/him)