[LTER-diversity] LTER Diversity Committee - Working Groups Meeting

Baird, Cora Ann Johnston (caj2dr) coraj at virginia.edu
Fri Apr 16 13:55:33 PDT 2021

Hi everyone,
I hope that you and your community are taking the space and care that you need during these past few challenging and traumatizing weeks. This coming week our Diversity Committee meeting is planned as a working group session, but we can pause in the beginning to provide space for anyone who would like to discuss recent violence and trauma, especially for Black and Asian American communities, and how we can support each other and our research communities through these events.

As a reminder, our agenda and links live here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_D1FnCzTofZ6q4r4LxFbrkNbrSQNHERG9o9ZGDsQZ3o/edit?usp=sharing
Standing Zoom link: https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/826568709

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0ADLoMoVJ7gTEUk9PVA

Trello Board: https://trello.com/b/eywetYEs/lter-diversity-inclusion-committee

Our April meeting will be dedicated to working groups. You may want to glance over prior notes for your WG to decide how best to use your time. As needed, we'll continue past the hour to share ideas and gather feedback from the broader group.

See you on Tuesday April 20th.

Happy Friday!
Take care,
Cora

on behalf of co-chairs Cora Baird and Nameer Baker

Cora A. (Johnston) Baird, PhD
Site Director

She/her

E coraj at virginia.edu
P 757.620.7016

University of Virginia
Virginia Coast Reserve LTER
Anheuser-Busch Coastal Research Center
6364 Cliffs Road
Cape Charles, VA 23310

ABCRC: https://www.abcrc.virginia.edu/siteman2/<https://www.abcrc.virginia.edu/siteman2/><https://www.abcrc.virginia.edu/siteman2/>

LTER: www.vcrlter.virginia.edu/home2/<https://www.vcrlter.virginia.edu/home2/>

"Science is the process that takes us from confusion to understanding in a manner that's precise, predictive and reliable - a transformation, for those lucky enough to experience it, that is empowering and emotional.  We must embark on a cultural shift that places science in its rightful place...as an indispensable part of what makes life worth living."   -B. Greene

[University of Virginia]<http://www.virginia.edu/>

[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/WildCora>