[LTER-diversity] REMINDER: Diversity Committee meeting tomorrow

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon May 18 10:46:52 PDT 2020

Dear LTER Diversity Committee,

I hope most of you will be able to join us for tomorrow's Diversity,
Equity, and Inclusion Committee meeting. The presentation to the Science
Council--co-organized by Cora Johnston, Cristy Portales Reyes, Gretchen
Hofmann and Marty Downs-- went well and netted a lot of good information in
a short period of time.

I've included a link to the presentation and a summary of the feedback we
received in the proposed agenda, below, but summarizing clearly reduces the
richness of the responses, so if you possibly can, please visit and at
least scan through the full notes, here:
https://docs.google.com/a/nceas.ucsb.edu/document/d/1pHRpIfrNXGsCZRyqUl2guQFcY5BqBrq4pDCAnfmerMM/edit?usp=sharing

I think we are all anxious to get moving on committee activities and the
question about network-level priorities offers some good fodder.

*Key Links:*

Standing Zoom link: https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/826568709

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0ADLoMoVJ7gTEUk9PVA
Trello Board:
https://trello.com/b/eywetYEs/lter-diversity-inclusion-committee

*Draft agenda: *

   -

   Review Science Council presentation
   <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/10BpoM_d2oErzJVnFGvPOd86lz-kVS_IZJF2fYhACCes/edit#slide=id.g8451f61289_0_9>
   and outcomes (last several slides of the linked presentation.
   -

   Identify 3 (?) priority committee activities and working group members
   for each
   -

   Process for sharing successes/resources
   -

   - Share resource/success story on google drive
      - Solicit and incorporate feedback from committee
      - Where resources seems broadly relevant, share to website (Marty)

See you tomorrow,
Marty

--
Marty Downs (she/her/hers)