[LTER-diversity] REMINDER Meeting tomorrow

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Jun 15 14:35:47 PDT 2020

Dear LTER Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee--
It's been an eventful and emotional month for many of us. I'm looking
forward to seeing as many of you as possible for our regular meeting
scheduled for Noon Pacific Time (3 PM EST).

*Diversity Committee Meeting *
Join Zoom Meeting
https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/826568709
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/826568709&sa=D&ust=1592671012635000&usg=AOvVaw3LJsN3NBVpq2iafLskNClt>

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 826 568 709
Find your local number: https://ucsb.zoom.us/u/adFKUddBeU
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ucsb.zoom.us/u/adFKUddBeU&sa=D&ust=1592671012635000&usg=AOvVaw0UZOuagrimi5qbzlIV-m6_>

It's hard to believe how much movement has happened in the past three weeks
since George Floyd was killed. We'll have some time for discussion of
#ShutDownSTEM and #ShutDownAcademia and give folks a chance to voice any
personal commitments they have made and how they may affect our work.

We'll also have time for some discussion of progress by each of the teams:

   - Fundraising
   - Community/Culture building
   - Curation and Communication of Resources

I've added folders in the *shared
<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0ADLoMoVJ7gTEUk9PVA>google
drive <https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0ADLoMoVJ7gTEUk9PVA>* for
each team to gather resources and shared documents and a list for each team
on the *trello board*
<https://trello.com/b/eywetYEs/lter-diversity-inclusion-committee> to track
and comment on activities. I've moved some items over from our original
brainstorming sessions, but there's not a one-to-one correspondence. Team
leaders should feel free to claim (and move to their list) any action items
or resources that they are working on or from. Otherwise, the ideas in the
strategy/investigator undergrad categories can stay on their current lists
until we are able to incorporate them or return to them.

Thanks, Marty

--
Marty Downs (she/her/hers)
Director, LTER Network Office