[LTER-diversity] LPI/DEI Meeting

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Dec 15 15:37:43 PST 2020

Dear LTER Diversity Committee-

*Are you planning to attend the Lead PI/DEI Committee Meeting this
Thursday?*

*Please confirm here: https://forms.gle/KHe3B7FWwgjCtaAN9
<https://forms.gle/KHe3B7FWwgjCtaAN9> *(even if you have already accepted
the calendar invitation).

*Additional details and some homework:*

This Thursday is the first of what we expect to be quarterly PI meetings
where we can cover some of the territory that we usually include in the
Science Council PI Meetings. We are focusing it on Diversity, Equity, and
Inclusion -- partly because the need is great and partly because the topic
has figured prominently in every site review for the past two+ years. Every
site needs to be mapping out (and carrying out) a strategy. So this meeting
is intended to help PIs and DEI reps source ideas for new actions and
strategies from your colleagues.

Most of the meeting will consist of smaller breakout groups with
facilitators and notetakers from the DEI Committee. We'll cover three main
topics in breakout sessions and we've compiled several questions and
examples under each topic which I encourage you to review before the
meeting - especially if you are someone who does better when they have some
time for ideas to percolate.

*Agenda*
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T6ke2-KmvMne6Zes5qSNnPoWqHP0Uja4qJVBOPj3Iuw/edit>
*Topic 1. Strengthening Inclusive Culture and Community*
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bGNRXpKD_mwYGhuorUpg_HObxk2DeQtU9onPcmLQZIs/edit>
*Topic 2. Building Relationships with Diverse Partners*
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/10qhdN9WrJK_DybO4L8IQX6ntrDizFKXZvslx7uiCx2s/edit?usp=sharing>
*Topic 3. Developing DEI Statements/Plans/Strategies*
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6E6N84kKGM7idzCYshVNoBZr5qF9hL8oHaHzLy-M0M/edit?usp=sharing>

The Meeting is scheduled for:

*Thursday, December 17 at *
*11:30 am - 1 pm Pacific time (2:30-4 pm Eastern)*

Join Zoom Meeting
https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/82348363777
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ucsb.zoom.us/j/82348363777&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1608495761503000&usg=AOvVaw1ECV0z5zCQPLhR0UhvkvLU>

Meeting ID: 823 4836 3777
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,82348363777# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,,82348363777# US (Houston)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 823 4836 3777
Find your local number: https://ucsb.zoom.us/u/kcDIxAjW9A
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ucsb.zoom.us/u/kcDIxAjW9A&sa=D&source=calendar&ust=1608495761503000&usg=AOvVaw26dKr-Ifz7UT_jep1xm-8L>

Thanks,
Marty

---
Marty Downs (she/her)  |  ORCID <https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2833-956X>
Director, LTER Network Office
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis
University of California - Santa Barbara
https://lternet.edu   |   LTER Zotero
<https://www.zotero.org/groups/2055673/lter_network/library>  |  Twitter
<https://twitter.com/uslter>

617-833-7930 (m)

*~~I sometimes find it convenient to email on nights and weekends. *
*That doesn't mean I expect you to reply.~~*