[LTER-diversity] LPI/DEI meeting planning

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Dec 1 13:46:03 PST 2020

Dear DEI Committee members,
The working group for planning the Lead PI/DEI Committee meeting just met
and developed plans for the December 17 meeting. I'll share the full agenda
closer to the meeting, but it includes breakout sessions on the topics
listed below. We'd like to provide the PIs with a few examples of different
approaches to these challenges to stimulate thinking before the meeting.
This is a prime opportunity to learn from each others' experiences. If you
or your site has developed an activity, plan, or program that contributes
to any of these goals, we'd very much appreciate a short (1-2 paragraph)
description of what you did, who it involved, and what you learned. Please
include which topic you think it fits under.  These do not need to be major
programs. I'd like to include a mix of examples, at least some of which are
relatively simple and easy to get rolling.

   - Strengthening inclusive culture & community
   - Building relationships with diverse partners
   - Developing DEI Statements/Plans/Strategies

I'll assemble examples and share with PIs and the committee.

I'm also looking for a few more volunteers to co-facilitate breakout
groups. We're aiming for a designated facilitator and notetaker from the
DEI committee for each PI breakout group.
Thanks, Marty

---
Marty Downs (she/her)  |  ORCID <https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2833-956X>
Director, LTER Network Office
617-833-7930 (m)

*~~I sometimes find it convenient to email on nights and weekends. *
*That doesn't mean I expect you to reply.~~*