[LTER-commcom] Video Discussion

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 28 12:17:18 PDT 2016

I'm sending this email to the Education and Outreach Committee and to
Site-Exec and counting on you all to spread the word to the people at your
sites who are likely to be interested in this opportunity.

Thanks, Marty
----
Hi folks,
I've gotten several inquiries from people across the across the LTER
Network who are interested in exploring video creation -- either for video
abstracts or as part of their outreach.

As those of you who have experimented know, there are many different
approaches to video, ranging from pretty quick-and-dirty to *very* involved
and resource-intensive. To start determining what kind of training and
resources would be most useful, I've scheduled a videoconference to talk
about what goals and ideas people have and to allow colleagues who have
tackled the video challenge to share their experience.

The teleconference is scheduled for:

*Video  Discussion*
*Thursday, November 17 at 10 am Pacific/11 am Mountain/Noon Central/1 pm
Eastern*
Please pre-register, so that we can plan ahead and gather some information
to guide the discussion:
*https://ucsb.zoom.us/meeting/register/7fb8907223bc4ce9cde7dc3c8da9331e
<https://ucsb.zoom.us/meeting/register/7fb8907223bc4ce9cde7dc3c8da9331e> *
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing the
link to join the VTC.

I've also put together some resources and links to sample videos on the NCO
web site, under communications resources:
http://nco.lternet.edu/nco/communications/videos/

I hope you'll get a chance to look this information over before the
teleconference and look forward to seeing many of you on the 17th.

Thanks,
Marty

----
Marty Downs
Communications Lead
LTER Network Communications Office (LTER NCO)
LTER Science Update
<http://us12.campaign-archive1.com/?u=d7494403ed9d8c97a5479f0d4&id=7e63967daf&e=[UNIQID]>

downs at nceas.ucsb.edu