[LTER-BioProd] Agenda paper: new draft, and request to present

Mary O'Connor oconnor at zoology.ubc.ca
Fri Jun 28 07:01:09 PDT 2019

Hello everyone!

I hope you are well, and off to a great summer. I’m checking with an update of (hopefully) progress on the Agenda paper (attached). This progress is motivated by me giving a talk at a Biodiversity/Climate Change meeting in Switzerland this coming Thursday. Some of us will be there (Michel, Forest, Jane, Andy H…) and the Agenda paper leaders felt this would be a good time to present this to that audience. Many of the attendees will include people actively involved in the recent IPBES reports.

So, two action items for you:

1. OPTIONAL: FOR THE TALK NEXT THURSDAY JULY 4: If you have time and would like to comment on this before I present the highlights next Thursday, please do! I apologize for the short notice on this, and I also apologize for sending it on a Friday. If you have any major reservations with me presenting any part of this, let me know. I would like to acknowledge everyone in this group as a co-author on this part of my talk, and if you would prefer that I not do that (or not include your name at this stage) let me know. Ideally, before Tuesday July 2nd. If I don’t hear from you I’ll assume it’s ok to present this with you included as a contributor.

2. FOR THE MANUSCRIPT: Please read and comment on this version of the manuscript. I’d like to know how close this could be to submittable. I expect another round to the group for ‘final’ feedback after this round, but let me know if I’m off base. I’ve attached a PDF here so you can:
- read and provide general comments on big/conceptual issues at this stage.
- If you would like to work on text or figures, I would welcome the help and please let me know, I will send a word doc and we can discuss.
- please help me with references and examples! You all know some part of the literature better than I do! Highlighted refs are ones that I don’t have but were suggested, so please fill those in too.
- I still (as always) need major help with figures so if you are inspired, please help here!

Deadline for comments on this draft: July 12th. This is very negotiable. After that I will revise and send back out, at that would be a time for finessing wording, etc (we don’t all have to do this, but a few helpers here would be great).

Still need to make a final call on where to submit. We’re just over 3000 words now and this seems like a good length to me, but I welcome in put on that too.

Best wishes,

Mary

Dr. Mary O'Connor
Associate Professor, Department of Zoology
Associate Director, Biodiversity Research Centre
University of British Columbia

ph: 604-827-5653
oconnor at zoology.ubc.ca
oconnorlab.weebly.com