[LTER-BioProd] BEF Causality Review paper: Feedback requested by April 6

Laura Dee ledee at umn.edu
Mon Mar 26 09:46:03 PDT 2018

Dear all,
Here is the first outline/draft of the paper started in the last meeting
that reviews causal inference in ecology and BEF research:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Kce2Hwa94FN8RDaBOnjPrAbsQzEWK4m0whgGQrSlOMU/edit?usp=sharing

As a reminder, this paper aims to review and synthesize a range of challenges
and solutions associated with causal inferences about natural and managed
systems (targeting Ecology Letters Review & Synthesis). To do so, we focus
on BEF relationships (across a range of systems and contexts) as an example
used to highlight more general issues for ecology. Thanks to Michel, Adam,
and Jane for input on the draft since the last meeting, and Andy for his
figure!

*At this stage, by April 6th, I would like(1) general input (see questions
below and at top of draft) &(2) for people to sign up to contribute to
sections and tasks.To help with (2), at the top of the Google doc, I wrote
particular questions about the scope and tasks that are some ideas for ways
people can contribute. I also put brackets next to each section or
paragraph, for people to put their names and sign up. *

*Questions for the group:* *Is this the right scope? Should the intro be
scoped more broadly? Are key issues and solutions not in this outline? What
are some interesting examples and illustrations? What are parallels to
other applications in ecology? How does this fit into a future research
agenda for BEF?*

Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss any
part of the paper or potential contributes. I look forward to your input
and working together on this!

Best,
Laura

--
Laura Dee
Assistant Professor, Department of Fisheries, Wildlife, and Conservation
ledee at umn.edu
lauraedee.com