[LTER-All-lter] EDI Data Manager Position & Fellowship Announcement

SUSANNE GROSSMAN CLARKE grossmanclar at wisc.edu
Mon Mar 1 05:25:49 PST 2021

Dear LTER Community,

We would like to draw your attention to two EDI announcements, one is for a Data Manager position, while the other one is for this year's EDI fellowship program.  We would appreciate it if you would distribute this to your students and colleagues.

Thank you!
Susanne Grossman-Clarke
EDI Outreach and Training Coordinator

-----
Position: DATA MANAGER, University of Wisconsin-Madison
The Environmental Data Initiative (EDI) is a project funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) to provide professional data management, archiving and publishing to ecologists. We are hiring a full-time data manager to provide professional data publishing services to ecologists. Duties include curating and archiving a wide variety of datasets from researchers (write metadata, quality control, annotation). Apply by 3/22/2021. See full posting at: http://bit.ly/EDIdatamanager. UW-Madison is an affirmative action/equal employment employer, and we encourage women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities to apply.
----​
Request for applications for EDI Summer 2021 Fellowship Program
The Environmental Data Initiative (EDI) is a project funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) to provide professional data management, archiving and publishing to ecologists. EDI has 16 fellowships available in its Data Management Training Program (June 14 – August 19, 2021). We are now requesting applications from undergraduate, graduate and recently graduated students. Fellows will receive training in ecological data management and gain hands-on experience through participation in data preparation and publishing with scientists and information managers for specific host research sites. Apply by 3/22/2021. An informational webinar for interested students will be held on 16 March 2021. Find detailed information on the fellowship program and on how to apply on EDI's webpage: https://bit.ly/3uzihb7

--
Susanne Grossman-Clarke, PhD
https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7231-4717