[LTER-All-lter] Help us spread '28 Days of LTER Love'

Kristen Weiss weiss at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Jan 15 08:09:53 PST 2019

Dear LTER Community,

This year, the NCO is hosting a fun social media campaign for the month of
February that we are calling '28 Days of LTER Love'.

February is of course the month of "love", centered on Valentine's Day, and
it is also the only month with 28 days - which just so happens to be the
number of Sites in the LTER Network!

Therefore, we will be featuring one site per day during the month of Feb on
our social media outlets, and we encourage your participation. Here are the
key ways you can contribute:

1. Tell us what you LOVE about your LTER Site! Do you have an interesting
factoid, piece of history, photo, etc. about your LTER site that you want
us to include on the day we feature your site? We want to highlight 1-2
awesome things about each LTER site, so *email me your ideas *before the
end of this month!

2. During the month of February, we encourage you to engage with our posts
on Twitter, Facebook, and the new LTER Instagram (@lter_community). Like,
share, and comment on the posts so they are move visible.

3. If you want to share your own LTER love during February, please use the
hashtag #LTERlove all month so your posts will link to our campaign.

During February we will also go Live with our forthcoming LTER Story Map -
an interactive web story featuring blogs and photos by Erika Zambello who's
been traveling around the country visiting LTER sites and documenting her
experience.

Thanks everyone, if you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Best,
Kristen

--
Kristen Weiss, PhD
Communications Coordinator, Network Communications Office

weiss at nceas.ucsb.edu