[LTER-All-lter] Reminder: Request for input by 10/15/2018 on The Next Generation LTER Climate Data Products and Upgrading ClimDB/HydroDB

SUSANNE GROSSMAN CLARKE grossmanclar at wisc.edu
Fri Oct 12 11:12:39 PDT 2018

Dear LTER Community,

This is a reminder: We are requesting your input to develop the next generation LTER climate and hydrology data products, specifically with respect to the upgrade of ClimDB/HydroDB (see attached document for brief overview). As there are many options of approaching this, we need to learn what would be most useful to the LTER research community. Please consider the following questions:

  1.  Would you be interested in participating in an EDI organized workshop (Spring 2019) envisioning the next generation LTER climate and hydrology data products?
  2.  Do you use climate data from other networks besides the LTER data repository and ClimDB/HydroDB (e.g., NADP, NCEI, USGS, NWS coop stations, CUAHSI, PRISM)?
  3.  Are you using data and/or graphs from ClimDB/HydroDB in your research, synthesis efforts, and/or teaching?
  4.  Sites are currently providing daily climate data, typically for multiple stations, which are available through the ClimDB interface. What processed data are of interest to your group? Would you be interested in finer temporal resolution data, and what is the finest resolution of interest?
  5.  The current user interface is based on antiquated architecture and must be replaced. Do you have an opinion on the features the new interface should offer? If yes, please elaborate.

Please send your response to Susanne Grossman-Clarke (grossmanclar at wisc.edu<mailto:grossmanclar at wisc.edu>, EDI Outreach and Training Coordinator) by October 15, 2018.

Thank you for considering this request. We are looking forward to your comments.

Renée Brown, Julien Brun, Corinna Gries, Susanne Grossman-Clarke, Don Henshaw, Margaret O’Brien, Suzanne Remillard, Wade Sheldon, Colin Smith, Kristin Vanderbilt and Yang Xia