[LTER-All-lter] postdoc in spatial ecology, KBS LTER

Nick Haddad nick.m.haddad at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 07:05:23 PDT 2017

Hi all,

Please forward to anyone you think might be interested in joining my lab:

*Postdoctoral Position in Spatial Ecology *

A postdoctoral position is available in the Haddad Lab at the Kellogg
Biological Station <http://www.kbs.msu.edu/> of Michigan State
University. A general feature of our lab is research at the interface of
basic and applied ecology. We recently moved to KBS to advance research
within our LTER <https://lter.kbs.msu.edu/>. We are seeking a population
or community ecologist to work on experimental and observational studies
associated with the LTER and set within agricultural landscapes. The
primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will include 1)
analysis of community, ecosystem, and environmental data collected at
the 28 year old LTER at Kellogg Biological Station and 2) design and
implementation of experiments in spatial/landscape ecology either within
or connected with the LTER. Requirement: experience in the design and
implementation of field experiments. Other qualifications: experience
within large-scale experiments and knowledge of population and community
ecology (of insects or other taxa).

The Kellogg Biological Station is located in Hickory Corners, MI ~65
miles from the main campus. KBS is home to 14 resident faculty, graduate
students, postdocs, research staff, visiting research scientists, and
many summer undergraduates. Research covers a broad spectrum of ecology,
evolution, and conservation.

Salary: $47,000 - $51,000 plus benefits

The position is for one year initially, with renewal dependent on
performance. Start date is January 1, 2018. Interested applicants should
email a CV, a brief statement of research interests and accomplishments,
and the names and contact information of two references to Nick Haddad
(haddad at kbs.msu.edu). Review of applications will begin October 20, 2017
and continue until filled. Anticipated start date is January 8, 2018.

Michigan State University, Kellogg Biological Station, and the Haddad
Lab work to develop a climate that supports equality and diversity. MSU
is an Affirmative-Action, Equal-Opportunity Employer

Kellogg Biological Station
Department of Integrative Biology
Michigan State University

@nickmhaddad