[LTER-All-lter] World Environment Day: LTER Network in the News

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Jun 5 11:19:38 PDT 2017

Dear LTER Colleagues,

The LTER Network has received some great press lately that I wanted to
share with you. Each spring, a group of LTER scientists meet in Washington
DC to share the latest research from across the Network. In 2017, the topic
of this symposium was the *Discovering the Nature of Ecosystem Change*.

The NSF Public Affairs team put together an outstanding article on the
event, that you may want to share with colleagues, particularly as *June 5
is World Environment Day*.

*https://twitter.com/NSF_GEO/status/871320472084000768*
<https://twitter.com/NSF_GEO/status/871320472084000768>

If you're on Twitter, direct link to NSF's tweet is here:
https://twitter.com/NSF_GEO/status/871320472084000768

Also, Discover Magazine has a *Diary of a Changing Planet
<http://discovermagazine.com/galleries/2017/june/changing-planet#> *photo
essay, drawn from a variety of previous NSF postings about the Network.

If you're tweeting professionally, please include the #NSFfunded
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/NSFfunded?src=hash> hashtag and/or the @uslter
handle. If you're tweeting personally, use your best judgement.

This is perhaps also a good time to remind you all that both the Network
Communications Office <https://nco.lternet.edu/> and NSF Public Affairs
<https://www.nsf.gov/news/newsroom.jsp> need your help to help you get the
best coverage. If you have a advance notice of a paper coming out that may
be of public interest, please drop me and Cheryl Dybas (DEB Public Affairs
at NSF; cdybas at nsf.gov) a line. We can't cover everything, but really
appreciate the opportunity to get a public message out at the time of
publication.

Thanks,
Marty
--