[LTER-All-lter] LTER opportunities and recruiting

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Nov 22 11:01:28 PST 2016

In this very active recruiting season, I wanted to alert network members to
the NCO's approach to position postings and also let you know about a
variety of opportunities that are nearing closing dates.

To manage traffic on the all-lter list, we limit all-lter position postings
to those at the postdoc and professor levels. Network members are welcome
to send an e-mail directly to all-lter at lternet.edu with such postings. It
will be approved within a day or two.

For *all* LTER-related opportunities (including grad students, information
managers, education positions, etc.), we will post in the opportunities
section <https://lternet.edu/opportunities> of the lternet.edu web site (
https://lternet.edu/opportunities) and on social media.  For entry-level
opportunities especially, I also share opportunities with a variety of
programs that are aimed at broadening participation in science, such as ESA
SEEDS, Doris Duke Conservation Scholars, and National Council on Science
and the Environment's EnvironMentors program.

Searches that are active at the time that News from the NCO goes out are
also included there.

Current searches:

*Assistant Professor of Limnology* <https://lternet.edu/UW-Mad-Prof>
UW-Madison (NTL LTER) https://lternet.edu/UW-Mad-Prof
*Deadline: November 25*

*Assistant or Associate Professor, Coastal Ecology
<https://lternet.edu/UVA-coastal-ecologist>,* University of Virginia (VCR
LTER)
*Review of applications: December 1*

*Environmental Data Initiative, Data Manager*
<https://lternet.edu/EDI-Data-Manager-UW>
https://lternet.edu/EDI-Data-Manager-UW
*Target application date: November 21*

*Postdoctoral Fellow <https://lternet.edu/node/84391> (NWT LTER) *
https://lternet.edu/node/84391
*Deadline: January 4*

*Graduate Student Opportunities <https://lternet.edu/node/84392>, *University
of Alaska-Fairbanks (ARC LTER)
https://lternet.edu/node/84392
*Deadline January 15*

*Communications Manager, Highstead* <https://lternet.edu/node/84385>
(cooperating closely with HFR) https://lternet.edu/node/84385
*Deadline: December 5*

Thanks,
Marty

Marty Downs
Communications Lead
LTER Network Communications Office (LTER NCO)
LTER Science Update
<http://us12.campaign-archive1.com/?u=d7494403ed9d8c97a5479f0d4&id=7e63967daf&e=[UNIQID]>

downs at nceas.ucsb.edu