[LTER-All-lter] NIMO and synthesis working groups

Corinna Gries cgries at wisc.edu
Wed Mar 2 10:52:00 MST 2016

Dear all LTER,

Risking that this is premature since NIMO, the LTER's proposed Information Management Office, has not been funded yet, but given the deadlines for synthesis working group proposals we would like to start what we hope to be an ongoing dialog.

We would like to invite those of you interested in this subject to discuss expectations and realities of how NIMO may be able to support the synthesis working groups with us - from the 'blue sky' ideal situation to constraints posed by skills and budgets. Although NCEAS has conducted many synthesis working groups and has a wealth of experience integrating science with data technology, within the NIMO framework we now have to determine needs, expectations, collaborations, and how to serve synthesis science best in the long run.

We have set up a registration page with two dates and times. If you are interested in participating in this discussion please mark which of the two you can attend, let us know if none of those works for you, or drop us a note with your thoughts. Depending on interest we'll be available for two or three of these discussion sessions during the week of March 14th.

*         Registration: http://goo.gl/forms/RDS7RPueyf

*         Virtual meeting times

o   Tuesday 3/15/2016 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM ET

o   Thursday 3/17/2016 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ET

*         We will provide a zoom link shortly before the meeting
Thanks
The NIMO proposal writing team