[LTER-All-lter] LTER Network Communications Office Appoints Lead Communications Officer

Marty Downs downs at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Jan 7 09:22:42 MST 2016

Thank you Frank, for the kind introduction.

Ecology--particularly long-term research--is where I started my career and
where my heart is. It is truly a privilege to bring my science writing and
communications experience back home to the LTER Network. I look forward to
working with you all to expand the reputation and impact of the science you
put your heart, backs and minds into every day.

There's a lot to learn about the procedures, science and culture of the
network. I look forward to talking with many of you and count on your help
over the next weeks and months as I come up to speed and complete the NCO
transition.

I am in the process of packing up my house in Massachusetts and heading
west to join the NCEAS team, arriving around January 21. Until then, you
can reach me on my cell at 617-833-7930 - or at my NCEAS e-mail:
downs at nceas.ucsb.edu.

Onward!
Marty

--