[LTER-All-lter] Fwd: Re: LTREB at the LTER ASM

Robert Waide rwaide at lternet.edu
Tue Sep 1 10:38:51 MDT 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: LTREB at the LTER ASM
Date: 	Tue, 1 Sep 2015 09:18:47 -0700
From: 	Nancy Grimm <nbgrimm at asu.edu>
To: 	Bob Waide <rwaide at lternet.edu>, jvandecastle at lternet.edu,
jvc at LTERnet.edu <jvc at lternet.edu>

Nancy B. Grimm, Ph.D.
PI and Director, Central Arizona–Phoenix LTER <https://caplter.asu.edu/>
Professor, School of Life Sciences
<https://sols.asu.edu/people/nancy-b-grimm>
Arizona State University
Box 874501
Tempe, AZ USA 85287
Phone 480-965-4735
/Grimm lab (USEL) web page <http://www.grimm.lab.asu.edu/>/
/twitter: @DrNitrogen/

On 31 August 2015 at 08:29, Nancy Grimm <nbgrimm at asu.edu
<mailto:nbgrimm at asu.edu>> wrote:

    Bob/John: can this be sent to all ASM attendees OR All LTER? Thanks,
    nbg

    Dear LTER colleagues:

    I have organized a workshop for Tuesday afternoon (1:30-3:30 in
    Long's Peak Diamond East) to discuss synergies and interactions
    between Long-Term Research in Environmental Biology (LTREB) and
    LTER. Invited persons are those holding current LTREB awards; some
    are in LTER and some are not. But, if you have had LTREB funding in
    the past or are planning submission in the future, we'd welcome your
    participation.

    THe loose agenda is as follows:

      * short vignettes (5 min, < 3 slides) to introduce current  LTREB
        research
      * discussions of commonalities that have to do with the long-term
        nature of the research, the value of LT research from multiple
        perspectives (in environmental science). We could envision one
        or more papers from this discussion.
      * a discussion of the "six years to get in, decadal plan" criteria
        for LTREBs - is this working? Is there a better way to encourage
        LT research in all areas of ecology? This could result in a
        'white paper' to send to NSF.
      * discussion of data management/sharing in LTREB
      * other items?

    Ciao, Nancy