[LTER-All-lter] Looking forward to working with the LTER community

Frank Davis frank.davis at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Aug 12 09:09:14 MDT 2015

Dear LTER community,

First, thanks to Peter Groffman for his gracious welcome to the new LTER
National Communications Office, which will be operated at NCEAS beginning
October 1 of this year. I speak for the entire UCSB team in saying we are
excited about the opportunity and we look forward to working with you!

We know we have very large shoes to fill. Bob Waide and the LNO staff have
been integral to the LTER network for many years and have served you well.
We will be working closely with the LNO over the coming months as we assume
responsibility for LTER network communication, synthesis and training
activities.

I hope to connect with many of you at the ASM later this month. Carol
Blanchette and I will co-lead the working group session on Monday 8/31 from
6:45 to 8:45 PM. We have much to learn and will use this session to hear
from you about your needs, priorities, and ideas for catalyzing synthesis
and communication across the network.

Sincerely,
FD

--

Frank W. Davis, Director
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis